Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back up to fighting weight!!!!

Well Noah has had a busy last couple of days. Since the last time I wrote he has had many firsts. His first wedding, his first dance with Mom and Dad, his first trip to Michigan, and his first pair of jeans! He even made it past his birth weight this Tuesday.

My cousin Nicole got married last Saturday in Carmel. So we got Noah all dressed up and fed and took him to the wedding, hoping he would sleep the entire time. Well he did just that. It took a couple of extra minutes driving around the neighborhood to get him to sleep, but once he was out nothing could wake him up. After the wedding, we got more food into him and took him to the reception. The little man slept through all of that too! I was shocked because it was pretty loud. We took him out onto the dance floor for his first family dance with Mom and Dad (we didn't get any pictures of it, but I am thinking someone in my family did and if they did I will post the picture later). It was a great wedding and reception! It was great introducing Noah to the family and getting to see all the family we haven't seen in a while!!



After the wedding we took Noah up to my parents lake house in Michigan. It is a three and a half hour car ride so I was kind of nervous that Noah would wake up and want to eat on the way up there, but he was a great. Not waking up till we got there. The rest of the weekend was wonderful. My mom (a.k.a. baby hog) was loving every minute she got to hold Noah.

Uncle Jason even had the magic touch to get Noah to calm down and take a nap. (Noah doesn't really like to take naps during the day, much to my dismay. He would rather see the world and not miss a thing. I will write more about that in another blog, but for now know that our little man loves to know what it going on around him).


Noah even got to go on his first boat ride. He slept through the entire thing, but I am sure he would have enjoyed it if he had been awake.


Noah got a new pair of jeans. They are a little big, but they are so cute. Here are a few picture of him in them.

After the whirl wind weekend, we went in Tuesday morning for a final weight check. I was really nervous because I wasn't sure if he would make it past his birth weight or not, but the little guy did. He is now up to 8 lbs 8 ounces!!! I was so happy I almost cried right there at the scale. The nurse said he looked great and to go ahead and stop the supplementing and even decrease his feedings. If he is sleeping well then I don't have to wake him up to feed him (which I had done just to get him pumped up for the weight checks). So the rest of this week has been on Noah's schedule and he is still eating about even 2-3 hours, but it's because he is hungry.

That's pretty much the latest happenings in the Farny household. Each day there are new things to discover about our little man. I can't believe he is already three weeks old. Time sure does fly!!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Congrats on Noah packing on the weight!

FLgirl said...

He is so cute!

I can't believe how busy you guys have him already... but then again, that was always standard for you guys before, too. ;)

Jenny said...

I love those jeans!