Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another week in the life of Noah

Noah has become quite the traveler. This past weekend we headed up to Michigan once again to celebrate my dad's birthday at the lake house. Noah did great till about 15 minutes from the house. He started to scream and wanted to eat. Luckily I had a bottle ready and tried to feed him that while in the car and that ended up just being a big mess. Luckily the little milk that he did get calmed him down enough to make the last few minutes of the trip bearable for mom and dad.

Once we got him feed and changed we headed out for a boat ride. Then when we got back my dad opened his gifts and we ate cake and ice cream. Noah was kind of disappointed that he didn't get cake, but maybe next year! He was very content and let everyone hold him, that is until Uncle Bill got a hold of him and he puked all over his work shirt....sorry Bill!

We lounged around the rest of the weekend. We gave Noah a bath up there and he really enjoyed it. I think everyone else in the family enjoyed watching the little guy take a bath too. He makes so many funny faces that you can't help but laugh!

On Sunday we hung out outside since Noah really likes to be outside. I don't know if it's all there is to see or if it is the breeze, but the boy loves it. I got a couple of good shots of Noah and Eric. Since Eric is always the one taking pictures I thought I better post one since I don't think we have that many of Eric and Noah together.


Then on our trip back to Fishers. We made a stop at Eric's parents house in Fort Wayne for dinner. Noah was a little fussy while we were there, maybe from all of the traveling, but we were still able to get a couple of good pictures of him with his Grandma and Grandpa Farny.


A couple of side notes. Noah is now up to 9 pounds 3 ounces!!! I took him to a breastfeeding support group yesterday and was able to weigh him there. So that's a gain of 11 ounces in one week. I was very excited. Noah is now setting his own schedule which is eating every 2-3 hours during the day and about every 4 at night. Last night he went for 6 hours without a feeding and I was in heaven! I don't know if this will last, but for now I will take it. Also he is really working on smiling this week. He has smiled a few times if he is really happy, but it's not very consistent. So hopefully by this time next week he will be smiling a little more and I can actually get a picture of it to post.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'll send you the dry cleaning bill for my shirt!