Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Eviction of Baby Farny

Welcome to the live update for the eviction of baby Farny. Sara is ready to get this baby out, and hopefully I will be able to document the process. I can't promise too much, but seeing as how I have unlimited internet access and a lot of random down time (except when Sara needs something), I will do my best.

6:30p Checked into the hospital. Kind of a weird feeling just driving to hospital at a designated time. We even sat around the house for awhile wondering when we should leave. At least we are here and getting through the registration process

8:00p Most of the preliminary stuff is done, we are in the system and the induction has started. They applied a gel around the cervix to help promote thinning. Now it's lay down time for an hour to let the gel do its work.

9:30p. We are cleared for walking. Sara's mom and twin brother are here for a quick visit so we are off to do a lap and see how we feel.

10:45p Contractions are starting to get a little more intense. We are going to take a quick nap. Another dose of gel at 12:30, than pitocin at 4:30a. should be a fun morning.

5:50a Well we are up and moving. I think I was able to get maybe 4 hours of sleep.....Sara? she is guessing 30 mins. She moved to pitocin a little before 5 this morning and her body has been responding to it wonderfully. (or so we are told) the nurse started with the initial dosage and has decided to keep it there so we don't stress baby. Its obviously not comfortable for her, but the contracts are now around 2-3 mins apart and are forming a nice rhythm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you guys all week!! Tell sara good luck for me! Take care of her :)

Love, darci

Family Snodgrass said...

Things should be getting pretty interesting about now!!! Hang in there! You'll see that sweet baby soon!

FLgirl said...

OMG - where's the baby?? I feel so bad for Sara!