Monday, January 25, 2010

2009 Picture Recap

With 2009 in the books, the official picture count is in.

7159

Now that is total pictures that are in the 2009 folder. Some of these are from other people, and others are junk shots were I was testing different lighting. Then factor in the taking multiple shots of the same thing at times and that initial number is slightly bloated. So thanks to the power of computers, fancy software, and my tagging and organizational skills, A more accurate number of pictures that both Sara and I took for the year is probably around 5568.

So were are these pictures you ask? I have wondered the same thing. Sara has done a great job of sharing most of her precious moments that she has captured. I on the other hand have been hit or miss. Flipping through the past year of pictures, there are many that never got past the editing table. One example are these pregnancy pictures that I took back in March.





So for 2010 I have 3 Photo Resolutions;
1. Go back through the lost photos of 2009 (and maybe later if I find some gems) and post my favorites from each month.
2. Carry that forward and 'display' more of the pictures that I take.
3. *Follow through with sharing the pictures that I have taken.

*The last one is where you, the reader, come into play. Over the past couple years, I have taken the time to organize and tag all the pictures that we take. I knew if I didn't act now, things would really get out of hand. (since its sooo easy to sort through 16,000+ pictures in windows explorer) As a result of my efforts, I am able to search pictures based on who is in them, what event we were at, or anything else I felt was noteworthy in the picture. So if you would like any of the pictures I have taken, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you want. I can give you every picture that you are in, or just the ones that include your favorite family member, at a birthday party, with a monkey in the background.

2 comments:

Mom Taylor said...

Love the 2009 "Best of" photo recap! What a great idea. You guys take so many good pictures, it's nice to go back through and share them.
Can't wait to see more!

Beau said...

Umm...ever heard of "awkwardfamilyphotos.com"? Haha.