I was able to finish one project up and start the other. The first project was Halloween tote bags for Noah and two of his friends!! I found a pattern at Jo Ann fabrics and kind of simplified it down for my skill level. I think they turned out really great. I am very proud of them since they were my first big project. The apron was fun and a great start, but these bags were a little more involved. They are fully lined and have some interfacing (thick fabric) for support. Here are two pictures of Noah's bag which he will take trick-or-treating.
The second project I started in Findlay, but couldn't quite get it done there due to time. It was a sleep sack again for Noah. This was a lot more involved and time consuming because of my lack of knowledge about how to sew. I think it came out pretty well, but there were quite a few times I had to rip out pieces and resew because I either sewed it on backwards or wrong sides together. Now I know why my mom said the ripper would become your best friend while you learn to sew. Here are a couple pictures of the final project.
I'm not sure what I will make next but I have been stocking up on patterns when Jo Ann has a sale on patterns for $0.99!!! This week alone I spent $4.00 on patterns and fabric and saved over $45 because of said sale. I was pretty pumped!! Anyway, I am going to a sewing class tonight that came with the purchase of my machine. So maybe after tonight I will learn more about what my machine can do and I will become a sewing maniac!!
7 comments:
Can you make a sleep sack like that for me?? It looks cheaper than paying for heat this winter!
The sleep sack looks wonderful! And you have a pretty cute model too!
Maybe I'll attempt one...
Yay! I am SO proud! Everything looks awesome! Maybe next year you will make a costume for Noah!
Great job, Sis! I think Bill's idea about adult sleep sacks is a good one. Wouldn't need to heat the whole house then. Could you send me the name/number of the sleep sack pattern please--I think Silvia needs one:)
Wow--great job, Sara! The sleep sack looks professional--and so adorable on Noah! The treat bags turned out great, too!
Now, on to the next project!
I'm impressed!! I want a sewing machine! Maybe you can make your whole family homemade Snuggies for Christmas?
That's awesome! That sleep sack looks great!
Post a Comment