Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cupcakes!

Today is Eric's birthday!!!!! So I wanted to do something special for him and bring in cupcakes to his work. He had found on a flickr site a way to make cheeseburger cupcakes. My mom has made them several times and I thought this would be a great thing to bring in. So I am showing everyone what my afternoon consisted of yesterday.

First I made a batch of dark chocolate cupcakes and a batch of french vanilla cupcakes.

Then I cut each cupcake in half and used the top part of the chocolate cupcake as the "burger" for each of the vanilla cupcake "buns".

The cheese was added next using yellow frosting with a flat tip so it looks like a piece of cheese below the burger. Then I added the lettuce (with a flat tip), ketchup and mustard (with smaller tips) to the top of the burger.
I topped each of the burger with their bun and then added the sesame seeds to make the buns look completely authentic. I used honey to make sure they stuck well.
So you may be asking yourself what about the other half of the chocolate cupcakes. Well I couldn't let those got to waste so I used the remaining frosting to decorate the bottoms.
So it was a fun afternoon and Noah just sat back and watched me fly around the kitchen trying to get everything put together. Now we are off to take them to Eric and wish him a happy birthday!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good Job Sara! They look delicious!

G n G said...

Wow, Sis! And you got this all done with Noah's help. Way to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

They looked good and tasted great too! -Ellie

Darci said...

Adorable! I'm going to have to start calling you Martha Stewart!

nichole naiman said...

I'm so impressed!!!! What a creative idea! I'm going to have to try it sometime. :) Thanks for sharing!!!

FLgirl said...

Those are really cool! I'll have to remember that when I need something fun. :)