Last weekend I headed up to Michigan with Bill for the yearly Taylor Fall Golf Adventure. This year didn't skimp on the excitement either.
To begin the story though, we have to go back to the Wednesday before that. Bill and I both decided it was time to buy new tires for our trucks before the snow came and our tires turned into skates. (our stock tires were crap)
Fast forward back to Friday. Bill was having issues with vibration and a warning light. On our way up north, we decided his tires were likely out of balance and made a stop in Fort Wayne to get a quick balance. No sense in ruining new tires. After an hour pit stop, we headed back on the road. About 0.12 miles later, we both looked at each other and didn't have to say anything. The care and concern the mechanics tried to show us was erased by their inability to fix the problem. Well, they did make it about 10% better. Of course no trip would be complete without a little road construction. Especially the kind where you end up parked on the interstate, and then cut through the median to take a slight detour. In the end, what was supposed to be a 6 hour leisurely drive, turned into an 8 hour, full body vibration adventure.
Now that we made it up north, we could finally play some golf. We ended up playing over the course of 3 days, however we were only able to get in 18 holes each day due the weather. With the temps hovering around 30-32 each night, we had to battle with frost each morning. This prevented us from starting until between 10-11 each day. The bright side was that after we got moving and warmed up, we realized that each day we were basically the only ones out on the course. Couldn't imagine why. Not like it was 40 degrees with the slight chance of flurries. This allowed all 7 of us to play together, which for the Taylors, is a lot more entertaining then playing in separate groups. Entertaining because each person seems to have their own weak spot in the game, and the rest of the group makes sure it doesn't go unnoticed. As Jason would say, "I don't come for the golf. I come for the entertainment". Be that as it may, I am just glad my stray ball didn't take out the back window of the Excalade that was driving by.
Even though I wasn't on top of my game this weekend, it was still a great time. I will just blame my performance on the cold. Now I can look forward to preparing for next year, and looking for a small golf bag for our little man. Sara's cousin found out that cold temperatures and steel shafts don't go well together, as he now has a very short eight iron that would be perfect for a 5 month old. I was just waiting for him to add a putter and driver to the collection.
2 comments:
Who broke their golf club??
Jeff decided he'd had enough of his 8 iron, good times.
Post a Comment