Thursday, June 11, 2009

One month check-up

Today was Noah's one month check up. Granted he is five weeks old today, but this was the first available time they could get him in.

His stats are:
Weight: 9 pounds 14 ounces (I am very happy about this with all that we went through to get him gaining weight at the beginning)
Length: 21.75 inches
Head Size: 38 cm

He is in the 44% for weight and length and 38% for the head size. The doctor said he is perfectly proportioned! I never really thought about a well proportioned baby, but I am glad I have one.

She also checked for his heart murmur again. She was able to hear it this time even though she didn't hear it the last time. She said that this was normal due to different changes in pressure in the heart and that she would keep checking it until his 6 month check up. At that point if she still hears it they will send us to a cardiologist to get it looked at more closely.

Noah also got his Hepatitis B vaccination. I hated seeing him in pain, but he was a real trooper for it and only was really upset for a little while before he feel asleep. Luckily for me I brought him in when he was due for a nap.

As for my life with Noah this past month, it's been a roller coaster. Every day is a new adventure, but we are definitely settling into a nice routine. The routine is eat, play, sleep. For the first four weeks of his life I was always trying to get him to go back to sleep after he ate and I couldn't figure out why he was so fussy. Well now that I figured out all he wants to do is play he is a much happier camper.

(I think he is thinking "why are you taking so many pictures of me mom" in this one!)


He still doesn't really like to sleep all that well during the day (there is just too much for him to see and he doesn't want to miss a thing), but the less nap time he gets during the day the better he sleeps at night. I am only having to get up once in the night to feed him, usually around 2 or 3. Then we are up with Daddy around 6 and we start our day.

He really is a great baby!!! Today was his first day where I think he finally figured out his smile. He has been really smiley today and it has been great. I even caught one on camera!!

Look at those dimples...I love them!!!!

6 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds like he's doing very well, glad to hear it!

Family Snodgrass said...

Aw, I see Eric in that smile!

The eat-play-sleep schedule works very well for us! It teaches them to fall asleep on their own, without being fed to sleep. You'll be so glad of it later!

Sara said...

So far he is doing well with the eat-play-sleep, but he still likes to be in the swing when he goes to sleep, but that's okay. Once he is a little older we will actually put him in his crib for naps.

Darci said...

love the new pics sara :) the picture that shows his little dimples makes the family resemblence come out! so cute!

Anonymous said...

Eat - play - sleep is the best combo! He has his Dad's dimples. :) - Tina

Unknown said...

I agree, totally Eric's dimples! So cute :)