Sunday, June 29, 2008

We have been where??

Well, this has been our second weekend home. Yep, that is two whole weekends which we haven't traveled anywhere. Go figure.

Now as most of you know, the only reason we are ever home during the summer is because we have something going on. So one would wonder why it has taken so long to update our blog. Well I have one good reason for that......we're busy.

The big twist thrown into our busy summer schedule the past 3 weeks has been work. You know, that pesky thing that keeps you from enjoying longer weekends and afternoon naps. Sara and I have both been putting in some late nights and even weekend hours, so whatever free time I have had left is taking care of everything else in our lives. Of course its not like we work ALL of the time...

Last weekend was my company's golf outing. Overall our team did well at 7 under, but it wasn't good enough to take home the top prizes. I was able to birdie two holes by myself, so I was fairly excited about that. But the real damper on the day was the fact it took 6 1/2 hours for the last team to finish...and we thought our team finishing in 5 hours was bad enough. After that we went to a house warming party for our friend Kevin. We had to dodge some rain showers, but it turned out to be a fun time. Sunday....well that was a wash since we both had to go to our respective places of employment.

Fast-forward through this past week -> I worked.....Sara worked.......the end. The only highlight was that Sara's company moved into a new office.

Now we come to this weekend. Neither one of us had to work.....SCORE!
  • Friday night, part of the Taylor clan stay at our house and we began the redecoration of our room. Basically we painted one wall for the night.
  • Saturday was the Sara's company picnic. It started with a 4 minute downpour of rain, then followed with a beautiful afternoon. I am just proud I put my body and dry clothes in the line of fire to attempt to close the tent and save us all from the remaining 1 min and 47 seconds of rain that followed. I guess we should just be happy that the rain passed. After the picnic, a co-worker had a get together at their home, and we finished the day hoping we could sleep in our room without being asphyxiated by the paint fumes.
  • Today rounded out our eventful weekend. I accomplished some yard work, Sara went with her mom, sister, and Jenny (her brother Bill's girlfriend) to a cooking class were they learned about making ice cream. She said one of the flavors they made was olive oil, that or I had grass stuck in my ear and didn't hear that correctly. Maybe she said orange peel, of course nothing rhymes with orange, so I guess I was right the first time. We also finished decorating our bedroom with the help of the Taylors.

I guess now would be a good time to step you through the life stages of our room;

This is before we bought the house.

Then we had an agreement to have the room painted before we moved in.


Next was our new furniture.


Followed by some picture we added to eliminate our bare walls.


And our final revision. Some different paint and more decorations.

Now I am afraid I will wake up in the morning and see a bill slipped under our door, saying we need to check-out by noon. Guess I'll just have to take that up with the front desk.

Have a great week and enjoy your 4th!

No comments: