Tuesday, June 10, 2008

open house weekend 2.0

This weekend concluded our 2nd round of open houses. Well, really we only had two this year and they just happened to be back-to-back.

Unfortunately, Sara was not able to share in the joy of the open house this weekend, as she had other plans. Sara had an invitation to Jackie's baby shower this past weekend, so I was elected to be the Farny representative at her cousins' open house. Now since I wasn't there I can't dive into all details, but I know Friday night consisted of some windy weather, but thankfully not a severe storm. (which for those who aren't aware, storms are NOT one Sara's favorite things...neither are whiskers on kittens. However she does like snowflakes) Saturday was an exciting baby shower followed by a Sunday filled with cleaning and laundry....fun times.

When Sara asked me on the phone how everything was going on my end, I only had one response for her. "I am riding 6 deep in the Avalanche with your family, do you need to ask?" Now don't get me wrong, I love the Taylors like they were my own family....but when you put 6 people in a vehicle for 7 total hours, there is bound to be some discomfort.

Luckily, we were able to make it up to the open house without leaving someone at a rest stop. Once there we paid our respects, ate our share of the food (plus the shares for anyone that was not there), and played some cornhole.

Before making our trek back to the lakehouse for the evening. we were entertained with the dancing skills from the newest family member on the Taylor side. (look for a video clip to be posted later tonight)

No comments: