Sunday, June 8, 2008

open house weekend 1.0

Now that I have the internet back and have finished our friend's wedding video...I can get back to my original task at hand.

This past weekend, we made the trek up to Fort Wayne for my sister's h.s. graduation and open house. Sara drove up after work to help my mom with the food prep, and I hung around Indy to pick my sister Carolyn up at the airport around 8:30. This is when mother nature decided to attack. (see previous post, "mother nature hates the internet")

We made it out of Indy in one piece, but hit rain by Muncie. By the time we were half way there (Gas City for those who are geographically endowed) the heavens seemed to open up. It was then I received a call from Bill. With his vast weather knowledge and ninja like mind powers, he was able to determine our exact location before even calling me.
Bill: "Hey Eric, you guys around Gas City?"
Eric: "Yeah, how did you know?"
Bill: "Well, I calculated your drive time and noticed this big red blob on the radar, so I figured you had to be there"
Sure enough, we managed to hit the eye of the storm, just as we approached one of the longer stretches of I-69 without an exit. Just missing an exit, Carolyn and I slowly trudged along, thinking about stopping at the next exit to let the cell blow over as the winds were getting pretty strong. As soon as the exit came into light...the storm lifted and tuned into no more than a light drizzle.....figures. We finally made it to Fort Fun, and I had the unique pleasure of unpacking everything in the poring rain.

Saturday was her open house. The morning was spent picking up tables and chairs, setting up the house, and getting all the food ready. Several family members were able to make the journey down from Michigan, and it was a great opportunity to visit and catch up with them. Part of the Hobby family even made a visit to this sacred event. (See I included your picture)

Sunday we attended the Baccalaureate service at our church for Catherine and her fellow grads in the morning, then proceeded to sit through her graduation a few hours later. All in all it was a busy and event filled morning. Later we packed up clothes, Carolyn, and the extra food, and headed back to Indy were I had the pleasure of dealing with our lost internet connection for next two hours (see previous post, "mother nature hates the internet")

Now as I stated in an earlier blog, I had every intention to start this Sunday while everything was fresh in my head and witty remarks were flowing like honey. I was finally able to start writing on Wed., and am now finishing it as we speak on Sat/Sun.....almost a week later. By now I have forgot everything I wanted to put for last weekend, and my brain is full of fresh material for this weekends entry. Lesson learned~write it while its hot or it will lose all its luster, but just don't drop it. (...like its hot) o'boy, I think I need some sleep

In the meantime, you can check out some of our pictures from that weekend here.

No comments: