Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We have a BIG BOY in the house

Our little guy has now entered the world of potty training!  I had been thinking about doing this for some time, but with our holiday traveling I just knew I didn't want to do anything till after the first of the year.  Well I was determined to do it as soon as I could because I was just tired of changing diapers.  And I wanted a couple of months of no diapers before the baby gets here.

Luckily for me, a few moms from my playgroup have already done the potty training thing and gave me some pointers (books, decorations, and ideas).  I went out and got some supplies and we had ourselves a Potty Party Day!  

This is his monkey that we potty trained all morning long (in order to teach him what to do)
Trying to make the bathroom fun is hard, streamers worked great!
The treats he gets when he would go to the bathroom
Our potty party room
The monkey brought us monkey bread for breakfast
Purdue Pete (what he named the monkey) brought him some presents after his nap
Some big boy underwear, Pull-Ups, juice and a potty seat (Noah liked the juice the most)
Let's just say, our little guy fought the potty that first night so much that we almost gave up.  But I was determined and with some help from my mom, Eric's mom, and my mommy friends we are on our way.  I am glad we stuck with it and he actually is doing really well.

Next on our list of BIG BOY moves is moving him into a big boy bed...that will be happening this weekend. I will post again to let you know how that transition goes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to hear how the transition to the big boy bed goes!! So glad he's doing well with potty training.

Britt said...

Sara, OMG this is too cute! What a great idea! I need to hear more details on what you did...I need to do this with Luca...I'm going to send you an email=)