Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

The night before Christmas, as a family tradition, my dad reads Twas the Night Before Christmas and then we set out cookies, milk, and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.  This year we included some donuts for the elves too.  (I dipped Cheerios in chocolate and then sprinkles, they were too cute!)


We had an eventful night after we put the little guy to bed.  Eric was having a great time playing video games (the new Kinect is super fun, but dangerous when playing with socks on carpet, BE WARNED).  Eric ended up falling while playing the discus and ended up fracturing his left wrist.  So Eric and I headed to the ER and spent some quality time together waiting on the results of X-rays and finding out whether he needed a cast or just a brace.  Luckily it was just a hairline fracture and a brace (along with some pain medication) and we were on our way home to wait for Santa to arrive.

I was really excited for Christmas this year.  I knew the little guy had a little aversion to the big guy, but I figured once he saw all the gifts he would be fine.  Well, as you can see from the video he wasn't interested in the presents (or at least at first).

Once we coaxed him back into the living room with everyone else, he started to open gifts and really started to like this "Santa" guy!

Just part of the Christmas goodies!
One of his favorite gifts, a new drill set with safety goggles.
We had a great day and were all blessed wonderful gifts.  This was only round 1 of our Christmas festivities though.  We had a road trip to get ready for, which I will post about in the next blog.

No comments: