Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI

Last week there was a little game here in Indy.  There were lots of special events and parties the week leading up to the big game.  Also, the weather was unseasonably warm so we decided we would take an afternoon and take in the sights and sounds.  I mean, how many times is something like this going to happen so close to us. (Last week I thought we would never see another Super Bowl in our little city, but with all the positive feedback, I am hopeful that Indy will see another Super Bowl sooner rather than later!!!)

Here are some pictures from our big adventure.  As Noah would say, he went to the Super Bowl!!!  Sorry for the poor quality of pictures.  I was in such a rush to leave that I didn't grab Eric's camera (or mine for that matter) so all of these were taken with my phone....

Bud Light rented our a whole hotel, this was the beginning of the transformation
One of the main attractions, very large roman numerals that at night displayed videos
Noah taking it all in!
The NFL Experience was set up in the convention center (it was huge!) 
One attraction we didn't do, a zip line down one of the streets
Of course there had to be Indy cars!
Inside the NFL Experience were molds of several players legs....Noah fit nicely into them!
Inside the NFL Experience
Outside the ESPN football field set up

ESPN studio
Georgia Street where a lot of the heaters, bars, concerts, etc happened
The Marriott where the Giants stayed
The J.W. Marriott where the NFL big wigs stayed

On our way back to the car, I was warn out!
Before we called it a night Eric got a video of the zip line.  I would have loved to do this, but with the long lines and being pregnant I figured I better not!



We really had a great time and hope that the Super Bowl comes back to our great city again.  Maybe next time I won't be pregnant and can really enjoy the festivities!!!

No comments: