Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mini Marathon 2011

This year for the mini I talked some of my family into running/walking with me since my running buddy from last year is about a month away from having another baby!

I wasn't able to train as much as I had wanted to this year.  The little guy doesn't really like to go on long runs anymore.  He would much rather be running right along beside me if he could.  Also the weather was just so random this year that I couldn't get out as much.  However I was determined to walk it with my parents (and let my brother run it for me).  My mom was determined to beat our time from the half marathon we did last October in Findlay.  Minus the rain that lasted the whole time we were on the track, the race was great.  We beat our time from October (even with some stops for bathroom breaks)!  All of us were a little sore that afternoon, but nothing terrible.  Here are some pictures Eric took near the finish line...my brother ran too fast and Eric wasn't able to get him running!!

My brother, mom and I before the race
My parents and I before the race
We weren't alone!
Quick stop in front of the track
Along the track..right before it really started to rain
My parents along the tack, don't like the look of those clouds.
My cousins running their first mini, so proud of them!!!
I ran ahead at the last minute...I wanted to be done!
My parents look so happy even at the end of the race!
The whole gang, all smiles!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

GREAT pictures! I am glad you guys had a good time, despite the rain!!

Megan said...

Awesome pics! Almost makes me wish I had done it...ALMOST.

Jason said...

Great time and awesome photos as well!