I will start with his actual birthday. Eric was able to take the day off of work so we had a fun filled day. Noah awoke to his first birthday present laid out for him on the kitchen table.
Then we headed to the Children's Museum. He had a blast there. He actually love the Thomas the Train table which was in the gift shop the best, but oh well. Here are some pictures from his time playing.
After the museum we headed over to the convention center to pick up my packet for the running of the Mini. We then went out to dinner with the Welch's at an Italian restaurant to "carb" up for the big race. Also it doesn't hurt that Noah loves spaghetti so it was a win win!
Saturday was more about the mini than Noah's birthday but it was still a part of the big weekend full of festivities. Eric, Jason, and I woke up really early so that we would be able to get down there in time for the race. Saturday was probably one of the coldest May days I can remember in a long time. It was so windy that it felt like 38 degrees. Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to running. However once we got down there and with all the people it made me realize I wasn't the only nut doing this. Jackie and I lined up and then waited to start. Once we finally crossed the start line (about 30 minutes after the start of the race due to crowd size) we were off. We did really well during the race. We were able to keep at our pace very well. We had an ending time of 2:42!!! I am very proud of us and am so thankful that we were able to do it together. I now want to do another one!! Anyway, here are some pictures from the race.
3 comments:
Great job on the mini and Noah looks like he really enjoyed his first birthday, wish Jenny and I could have been there!
Awesome, Sara! I'm so proud of you for sticking to your goal and completing the race. Way to go! Looks like the little man enjoyed his birthday:)
Excellent job - and you looked so fresh at the finish line! Loved the pics of Noah - he is too cute!
Post a Comment