I am taking over once again to tell everyone a little story about my dental experience yesterday. I wasn't really nervous or concerned about going to the dentist this close to my due date since on every baby website I have read they say to go ahead with your normal check-ups. I had gone when I was 3 months along and there were no problems, so I figured it was no big deal.
Not the case!
Our dentist lays you entirely on your back so that you get a better view of the TV they have mounted to the ceiling. Again I didn't think this would be a problem since I have been asleep on my back before and not had anything happen. Well about two minutes into the cleaning I started to feel a little light headed so I started to fidget. Now if any of you know me well, you know that I have a tendency to faint and I kind of know the feeling when I am going to pass out. I started to get that feeling when the fidgeting didn't help anything, so I asked the hygienist if I could sit up because I wasn't feeling very good. She raised me up a little bit, but by that point I knew I was either going to pass out or she was going to have to raise me up all the way. I told her (probably 20 times) I am going to pass out, I am going to pass out..... So she raised me all the way up and got me water and the dentist. Both of them were in the room just kind of looking at me not really knowing how to help me. I, on the other hand, was trying to breathe and regain my composer and not pass out. After a couple of minutes, some water, and some Coke I was back to normal. The hygienist rescheduled my appointment and I was on my way to work. So a pretty eventful morning, but at least I didn't faint at the dentist. That would have just added to my awkward places of fainting (I have already fainted at the eye doctor and the orthodontist so I am really good at passing out in front of doctors!)
So note to self, do NOT go to dentist again when you are almost 9 months pregnant!
3 comments:
I am glad they are serving pop at the dentist. Just what a nice set of clean teeth need. HAHA. Of course I do remember seeing coffee in the waiting room last time I was there...
Boy I wish I would have been there seeing as how I got a front row seat at the show you put on at the orthodontist's office over a decade ago!
Aw, yuck! That's no fun!
Can't wait for the big day!!!
Post a Comment