Sunday, November 30, 2008

happy turkey weekend

I hope that everyone had a happy thanksgiving, and a nice restful break from work. Of course if you were one of the crazies that went out on Black Friday, then I hope you have recovered from the lack of sleep.

Sara and I have been blessed this weekend as we were able to spend time with both families, and give the little seed a taste of mommy's favorite; mashed potatoes. Actually any mashed potatoes would be mommy's favorite, so it's not like there is a particular kind.

Everything with mom and baby have been moving along quite smoothly. The start of the shopping season has added some extra walking back into our normal daily routines. I know Sara has been eager to be able to start getting some exercise after feeling nauseous during the first trimester. In two weeks we go to have the second ultra sound...excitement all around.

Now since I know the next question is coming, I will answer it now. No, we are not going to find out the sex of the baby. You can kick and scream all you want, but we have decided to wait and let it be a surprise.

So as the weekend winds down, I just want to share on some things I/we am/are thankful for;
-A beautiful, loving wife who is understanding and tolerant of my daily annoyances.
-The best, and most handsome, husband in the whole wide world who writes a blog when "we" want him too. :)
-Our caring and supportive family members who never cease to make us think, laugh, cry, smile, and hold our nose.
-The ability to begin our own family
-A healthy and safe beginning to 'our' pregnancy
-The ability to stay fed, dry, clothed, warm, and well rested in our home.
-Jobs that keep us hopping during the day and put a little money in our pocket every two weeks.
-And friends that welcome us into their madness, as we do in turn to ours.

No comments: