It's been over a month, but I am just now having time to go through the pictures and talk about our big trip out west! It was such a great trip and we can't wait to go back. Noah even talks about it a lot still, which I am hoping that's a sign he will remember the trip when he's older.
When we first started planning this trip, my parents made the comment that they would love to drive out with Noah. At first I said no, because I didn't think he would do well and didn't want to put my parents out by having to take a 3 year old on a road trip over 1,500 miles long. But after looking at ticket prices and really talking with my parents they ended up taking the little guy with them! I know, I couldn't believe they wanted to do it either, but my mom said they were ready and would have fun. So for two days, I was at home with just one little man getting ready for the big trip while Noah was off on a fun adventure.
I have to admit, I was really nervous flying with Luke. I hate flying myself and didn't know what to expect flying with a baby (who by the way had a double ear infection and had been pretty fussy leading up to leaving). Thankfully the trip was a breeze, no problems with flights and no problems with the ears!
 |
| His first flight! |
 |
| He was a very happy guy!! |
Once we got to Wyoming I was so happy to see Noah and hear all about his adventure with Grandma and Grandpa. He talked most about the pools at the different hotels and the movies he got to watch along the way. Then it was time to wait for everyone else to arrive and head to Togwotee for the night.
 |
| Our first glimpse of the Tetons, the smoke was so bad it wasn't that great of a view. |
 |
| Watching the planes come in |
Once we got to Togwotee, we had a great dinner, settled into our cabin and RV and enjoyed our first night in Wyoming!
 |
| Our base camp for the next 4 days! |
 |
| Attempting a family picture... |
 |
| That's a little better! |
 |
| Two cuties, hanging out in their pj's! |
 |
| The smoke in the air causes the sun to look red as it was setting...the picture does not do this justice. |
The first night in the cabin went pretty well, at least compared to the first night in the RV. Someone didn't turn on the furnace and it was about 40 degrees in there. Thankfully, all of us Farnys were in the cabin!!
Day 2 started with a drive into Yellowstone so that we could get our camp site set up. Again the smoke caused some of the usually breathtaking views to be a little less spectacular, but it was still awesome to be back.
Once we got the RV into the camp site and all set up (not sure why I don't have a picture of it all set up, maybe later in the trip??) we headed over to West Thumb geyser basin. We always make a trip to this basin because it's only a 5 minute drive from our favorite camping area in Grant Village.
 |
| The geysers next to Yellowstone Lake |
I was a nervous wreck the first time we were around the geysers because I was so afraid Noah would just run over to one and want to jump on in. So I had him strapped into his stroller pretty tight and only let him out if he was holding onto one of our hands. He did really well and loved looking at them. He did not, however, like the smell. If you have never been around geysers, just think of rotten eggs and sulfur and that's pretty much what it smells like.
 |
| Pretty, but Dangerous! |
 |
| Listening to the bubbling geysers. |
 |
| A lonely tree |
 |
| Enjoying his first smore...not sure how he didn't have one till this point, but oh well. |
 |
| Everyone relaxing on the first true night of camping |
Now hopefully it won't take me forever to write about the rest of the trip, but this post is really long and the boys will be up from their naps soon and I have other things I should do!
No comments:
Post a Comment