Friday, July 20, 2012

4th of July week

So I'm late getting this post together, but life is hectic with a newborn (as all of you know) so at least I am getting one together at all.

The first part of the week the boys and I were at my parents lake house.  Nothing special happened just hung out and had fun in the sun.

Wednesday we headed over to Pokagon State Park for the annual Schultz Family Reunion. Unfortunately, for Luke and I it was a short reunion.  He is just not the best napper and with us all sharing one room there wasn't much sleep that first night either so I decided it would be best if we went back to my parent's and let Eric and Noah really enjoy the reunion.  I can't wait until next year and both boys will really enjoy the fun times!

Here are some pictures...

 Eric's mom turned 60 last month and we thought it would be neat to surprise her at the reunion with a little party.  She had no idea and I love the expression on her face.  Eric also put together a book of memories for her.  Each family member wrote a little something to her and we gave her the book at the party.  She loved it!
All the cousins that were there (Luke was eating so we missed out on the party )
Love this picture!!!
The four Schultz children and Great Grandpa (Gramps as Noah calls him)
Playing with bubbles!
Getting set up for the hay ride...look at the sucker selection (Noah was in heaven!)
Loving his sucker
Another picture I just love...he is so happy singing songs
After the reunion, Eric and Noah came back to the lake house and spent the rest of the weekend.  For the past 3 years my family has had a hamburger contest.  Each year someone new has won (I won the first year and have not been able to reclaim the title), so this year everyone was eager to try and reclaim the title or take it for the first time.  New this year was a trophy that my brother had made.  So now it's wasn't just about bragging rights it was about getting the trophy to keep on your mantle.  Well this year it was a new winner...my mom!  She was so excited to win!  

Here are some pictures from the big event...


Making sure their burgers are cooking just right
Master Griller...luckily he didn't sabotage the rest of us and cooked all the burgers perfectly!
Getting ready to judge
A sampling of the 6 different burgers
Getting the plates ready
The winner...she made a teriyaki burger...it really was delicious!
Also here are some additional pictures from the week.

He loves to go fast with Daddy!
Deciding what he should get into next
Playing with cousin Will (Will just loved watching Noah play around him, it was so great to see them together!)
Before we left Noah just had to fish with Grandpa one last time
No fish were biting that day
We had a great week, but were glad to get back home.  June was a busy month for us and we needed to stay home for a little while and get back to a routine.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures of Noah singing too! The one of Noah and Eric with their suckers on the hayride is great - they look so alike :-) But I think the best is that trophy!! How FABULOUS!

Mom Taylor said...

What great pictures! You've certainly had a busy summer so far. Noah's face on the hayride is priceless--what fun he's having!
Can't wait to see everyone again.
Love from the Burger Champion,
Grandma T.