This was the room during our inspection...very bright and cheery. I didn't mind the color all that much, it just didn't match what I had bought for the new big boy room. Yes, I bought the bedding, sheets, and some decorations well before we moved into the house. I knew eventually he was going to need to move into a big boy bed so when I saw what I loved on clearance I had to snatch it up.
So for the last couple of months we have been talking about when we should move the little guy into his big boy bed, well he helped us make that decision over our trip to Virginia. So the past couple of weeks we have been slowly working on his new room.
Thanks to my dad who painted the room and trim! Just the new paint changed the room so much. We moved all of Noah's "baby" furniture into the nursery and he was left with nothing but a bed. Well that was not going to work so we had to go out and buy a couple of new things. We recently went to IKEA and I fell in love with a little dresser and bed side table that worked out perfectly in his room. The last purchase was a storage bin shelf unit to hold all of his toys and books. With all the furniture purchase and put together I was able to finalize all of the decorating.
So without further ado, here is Noah's new big boy room reveal!
This is the play side of the room. I made the little book sling from something I saw on Pinterest (if you haven't heard of this website yet, you need to check it out, it is addicting!!!). I also made the curtains, well I embellished the curtains. The Noah sign we had in his old room, I just changed out the fabric behind the letters to match this room. I am also thinking of making little cars to add to the letters, but I just couldn't wait to get everything done, so that will come in time.
The accent wall, which I love. I bought the white valances knowing I would add a road and cars to them. I had bought the vinyl stickers, also on clearance, and didn't think there would be enough to cover this accent wall. So after doing some research I found a way to stick fabric to the walls like vinyl!! So part of the road is the vinyl and part is fabric.
Another view of the road. Noah loved helping to put the stickers on. He told us where most of them should go!
The IKEA dresser and nightstand fit so well in the room. They are the perfect size for him. He loves picking out his clothes each morning. He puts little treasures in the nightstand. I am so glad we got them!
Here is a close up on one of the curtains. I am showing how I made them on my crafting blog later this week, if you are curious about all the nitty gritty details.
A close up the book sling. It doesn't hold that many books, but it's fun and decorative. Again I will be posting about how I made this too.
Noah's favorite part of his new room, jumping from his bed. We don't always willing let him do this, but as long and he isn't getting to crazy with it, we let him.
He loves his new bedroom. We haven't had too many problems with him being in the big boy bed either. I was so nervous about making the move, but he has done great. So now he is an official big boy!!! (For anyone wondering, his potty training is going very well! Very rarely he has accidents, but usually catches himself before it makes too much of a mess, thankfully. I am still not ready for the night time potty training adventure, but for now we are going strong!) We have two other room makeovers that are almost ready to reveal. I am anxious to get them done before the baby comes (in 11 weeks or less!!!)!
5 comments:
Wow--fantastic Sara! We just love the road flowing on to the curtains and off again--with all the cool cars and trucks!
Great job!
Love,
Mom & Dad T.
This is fabulous! LOVE the accent wall. You and your mom are the craftiest people I know! Can't wait to see the other rooms.
You did such a great job! I love it all.
This is awesome Sara!! Great job on making his room so cool! Love the car & truck theme!
Wow, Sara. This looks great!!! You have a rel talent for directing. I just love the fact that you're having so much fun sewing.
Post a Comment