Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

We had a fantastic Halloween. It all started Friday with a playgroup Halloween party.  I co-hosted the party and didn't take that many pictures, but it was a blast and it was nice to show off the new house.  Then over the weekend when we went to the pumpkin patch to get our family pumpkins.


Scoping  things out (we didn't have to pose him  for this either,  he did it all on his own!)
A long road to get just the right pumpkin...
Once we had them picked he needed to help me push,
but then he wanted to do it himself, such a strong boy!
After we got our pumpkins we wanted a couple of pictures in the apple orchard.  All the apples were gone, but it was still a great place to take pictures.






On Monday we waited all day to get ready for trick-or-treating. We weren't sure how the little guy would do, but we figured we would just wing it.  Our neighbors all sit outside and hand out the candy and one even has a little fit pit in their driveway that we all went over to once the swarm of kids had died down.  It was a fun night and I can't wait till he is even older because our neighborhood is great for Halloween.

Jake the Pirate ready to get some candy
Showing off his sword skills
Only one piece of candy and it was a tough decision!
I made Noah's costume again this year and he wasn't a huge fan of the vest, the headband on the other hand was a great success.  I will write more about how I made it on the Crafty Mamas blog here in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Family Snodgrass said...

So cute! Glad y'all are enjoying your new house and neighborhood!

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures! Did you go to Tuttles? I went there for the first time this year and really liked it!