Last weekend was Jason's birthday and we headed over to celebrate the event with him and the Taylor clan. This trip was different than the rest though as we didn't have any major projects to work on. Jason had finished his basement and was taking a break from the hard laboring task of home remodeling. I will say that his basement was very well done. A little chilly to sleep in at night, but well done nonetheless. Unfortunately I have no pictures to share of his hard work, so I guess you will just have to go and see it for yourself.
a Celebrity
This past Wednesday, Sara and her mom went to the home and garden show to see Kate from 'Jon and Kate Plus 8'. Now I guess I will have to admit that I watch the show as well and slightly enjoy it. But I think it's because they hypnotize you in the first season and suck you into to keep watching. I think Kate's voice has a certain pitch that prevents you from turning away in fear of her scolding you for not cleaning the dust in the corner. Sara enjoyed being able to see her, even when Kate sat down behind a speaker for most of the talk. Here are pictures of Sara's view and one of Kate at the end.


Sushi
So Friday night we decided to make sushi (after talking about attempting it again). Well, I made and ate the sushi and Sara made something else, but it was her idea. This was our(my) second attempt at it, and it seemed to come out a little better than the first. Our first try (Sara just made rolls with veggies inside) we either had too much rice or not enough rice. Somehow between my first experience and a little guidance from the Food Network, I was able to hone my skills this time around. Who knows what the third try will hold for me! I learned that using seaweed makes it a little easier to roll compared to just rice alone. Below is my final result. Now I am no master, but it tasted just fine for me.

We also found tapioca balls and were able to make some bubble tea. It wasn't quite the same, but I guess that means I will just have to keep practicing.
..and a surprise
After a relaxing 'Sara and Eric night' of sushi, bubble tea, and a movie; I finally bit the bullet and decided to purchase something I have been dreaming about for awhile....but you will just have to wait and see what it is.
1 comment:
Your sushi looks great! And so does Sara's belly!!!
Post a Comment