Baby Farny is now 30 weeks along and swimming around nicely. This past Monday I had to go back to the doctor's office to do a three-hour glucose test after failing the one hour test. The tests are to tell if you have developed gestational diabetes. For the three hour test you have to fast from midnight on till the test is over. I went in at 8:30 and drank this really sugary fruit punch drink and then had my blood drawn a total of 4 times (one before the drink, then once after each hour). Needless to say that by the end of the three hours I was famished and wanted to eat. Lucky for me, Eric was willing to meet me for lunch at the nearby Quizno's. I ate all my meal and part of his (thanks for letting me eat some of your food Eric)!!! I got the results of the test on Tuesday and I passed so I do not have gestational diabetes. I was really worried that I was going to have to give up sugar for the rest of the pregnancy. This was not sitting well with me because I now have to have something sweet with every meal so this was not going to be fun. On a side note, Eric did think ahead and got me sugar free Valentine's candy. Isn't he the greatest!
Some other new events that have been going on for baby is we have the crib ready in our room where he/she will be sleeping for the first month or so. My mom made the most adorable bumpers for the crib. I helped pick out the fabric, but mom did the rest. Here is a picture of the crip set up in our room.

The crib is a family heirloom. Our baby will be the 5th generation to use it!!!!
As for the nursery, it is coming along nicely as well. We have everything moved out of the room into the other bedroom or office. We even have the first decorations up, curtains my mom made out of the extra dust ruffle we bought that matched the bedding. It looks so cute! I picked out a blue color to paint one of the walls as well, but we haven't painted anything yet. We have the crib ordered too. We had our name on the waiting list since they said it was back ordered till April, but then I got a call yesterday saying it was in stock so we jumped at the chance to order it since we didn't want it to go on back order again.
We started our childbirth classes two weeks ago. The first one was about labor and delivery and the second was about breathing and relaxation. Of the two so far the breathing one was a lot more fun, but I think that was the point. I am really liking the classes because we are learning so much and it is making me less and less anxious for the whole labor part of this experience. Next week we get to tour the hospital and the birthing suites! We are pretty excited about this week, I am sure we will ask about internet access inside the suites so we know if we can keep everyone up to date when the baby arrives.
As for "mommy", I am still feeling good. Getting around is getting a little bit more challenging just because I am not use to this bump that is always in front of me. Sleep is about the same. Everytime I want to roll over I wake up because it's not so easy to roll over with a bump. However if that's all I can complain about I figure I am doing pretty darn well. Here is a current (as of while I was typing this) picture of me.

Thanks Eric for letting me take over the blog so I could get everyone caught up on Baby Farny!
No comments:
Post a Comment