Here in good old Indiana we are in the middle of the great Ice Storm of 2011! Yeah not so much fun. I would much rather get the snow people farther north are getting. Ice, in my opinion, is so much worse than snow.
Last night we got about half an inch of ice then slush on top of that. Eric went into work, but then came home because part 2 is starting as I type this. He thought he would be able to get the ice cleared off of the driveway so we would be ahead of the game for the second wave. Well it was a lot thicker than we thought. So after seeing a friend's husband ice skate down his street I decided I would bust out the ice skates and skate around. It was pretty fun and I got a little work out in! The little guy missed out on the fun since he was sleeping. He has been battling a cold and ear infections so I was happy to see him sleep!! Anyway, here are a video and some pictures of our day so far.
 |
| Ice on the trees, first round |
 |
| View from the window |
 |
| My skating rink! |
Oh yeah I also got some crafting done...I make sure to do a little each day for some sanity!
 |
| Working on a winter wreath...I will write about it when I am finished |
3 comments:
Nice skating rink! Might as well have some fun with the weather, right?
Stay warm and cozy!
LOVE the t-shirt bag! I am inspired to make one out of an OSU shirt!!!
Oh I like the felt flowers and the t-shirt bag!! Way to go. Nice job making the most of the ice too - I took Adalynne outside in it today, she didn't enjoy it very much and just looked very cold...
Post a Comment