Monday, September 20, 2010

Disney Vacation - Day 1

This past weekend we went on our first family vacation and it was a big one...we went to Disney World. Eric and I went there for our honeymoon and I told him that I wanted to come back every five years...well five years later (and some months) here we are! We waited to go in September (not July like we did five years ago) because we didn't want to deal with the crowds and the heat. Well, we lucked out with the crowds, but not the heat.

So now you know the background of our trip, now onto the good stuff...pictures!!

This was the little man's first trip on an airplane and I was a little worried about how he would do.  If you know him you know he doesn't like to go to sleep just anywhere, he likes his bed and not anyplace else.  So I was worried.  We kept him up for his morning nap and he was in awe of everything around him.
 Watching the planes and trucks
 Not even five minutes into the flight and he is asleep in Dad's arms...pure bliss!!
 Now he didn't sleep the whole time, but Peek A Boo Barn kept him busy until it was time to land.
Then it was back to looking for airplanes
 Once we got to our hotel we were given our official celebration pins...so cute!!
 Our first stop was Epcot! We didn't think Epcot would have much to do for toddlers so we only spent the evening there. Eric and I both loved the Soarin' ride from our honeymoon so that was top on our list of things to do once we got to Epcot.  The little guy loved the Nemo ride as well as the aquarium afterwards.
 This is his fish face after watching many fish swim by opening and closing their mouths.
 Once the sun was setting we decided to walk around the world.
 First stop...Mexico!
 Then China!
 A quick stop in Africa to play with the drums.
Then a quick look at Paris from a distance!

All the traveling made for one tired little boy.  We were front and center for the big fireworks show and he slept through the whole thing!  Our first day was fantastic and just a taste for what the rest of the trip had in store for us.  


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the fish face! Looks like you guys had a great time--can't wait to see the rest of the pics :)

Darci said...

This is so fun! I can't wait to read about all the days.

Was it just the three of you? How did you get to go on rides without Noah? I'm confused.