Monday, July 12, 2010

Fourth of July & Family Reunion

I just love the fourth of July. It's always a fun family time and usually good weather. This year did not disappoint on either aspect once again!

We headed up to the lake house on Friday (our 5th wedding anniversary, how romantic I know). We had great weather and a great time with the family all weekend long. We held our annual hamburger cooking contest, with 5 entries this year. I choose to make a Taco Burger which I kind of put together using different recipes I found online. Well I didn't win, but I did come in second place. My brother Bill took the grand prize with his Texas Burger. We also decorated the boat for the annual boat parade. We watched fireworks, had s'mores with Bailey's marshmallows (ask Eric if you want to know about those), and we had just a great weekend with family. Here are some pictures for the first part of our time away.

The little guy's fourth of July outfit...he sure is Mr. Independent!!Have I told you yet that we have a climber on our hands??
Swinging with Auntie Meg
The boat all dressed up for the boat parade
The various firework displays over the lake

After a great weekend at the lake we headed over to Pokagon State Park for the annual Schultz Family Reunion. This year was special because Eric's grandpa is turning 90 years old so in honor of that the family had a bench dedicated to Eric's grandparents. The bench is right near the water and in the shade...a perfect location. Eric's grandpa was truly surprised for the gift. The rest of the reunion was spent chasing the little guy around and hanging out with the family. We didn't get to stay the entire week, but we still had a wonderful time. Here are some pictures of the reunion.

The inn
He just loved running down the big hill
The gang waiting for Grandpa to arrive
Grandpa and the new bench


6 comments:

Megan said...

Those pictures of the lake with the fireworks are awesome, Eric!! I also love the one of Grandpa on the bench, he is so cute!

eric said...

Let it be known that for the burger contest...Sally picked a burger with cheese in it, and said it was delicious!

Darci said...

So cute, great pictures!

I think Zac has the same camo shorts. I'm finding boy clothes can be almost as fun as girl clothes :)

julie said...

Aunt Julie requests Billy's prize winning burger recipe. Thanks.

Mom Taylor said...

I still cannot believe there was actually CHEESE in Billy's prize winning burgers and since I didn't actually SEE him put cheese in, I choose to believe that he omitted that ingredient and is just trying to fool me.
At least this makes me feel better because I really do HATE CHEESE!
But we did have a GREAT July the 4th and the fireworks were amazing! One of the neighbors even sent up Chinese sky lanterns and they were AWESOME!

eric said...

Embrace the fact that you ate cheese and loved it.