So let's pretend they turned out and this is what the blog would have looked like...
Start by making sugar cookies using a bag of Betty Crocker cookie mix. When the cookies comes out of the oven immediately put a marshmallow on top and let cool completely.
Next heat icing and stir in green food coloring. Spoon the frosting over each "hat".
This is where everything went wrong. My frosting was either too hot or too cold and would not just spoon over the hat. So this is how they turned out.
Not exactly alike, but oh well. It was my first attempt at this. Oh yeah and for anyone out there wanting to try these for yourself here is the link to the recipe St. Patty's Day CookiesEnjoy!!
6 comments:
haha! I still think you did pretty good! They sound really yummy!
I think they look pretty dang good!! I would have probably burned the cookies in Step 1 (ask Billy)...and had to save them for Thanksgiving to be pilgrim hats (black)...but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
I say, good job!
Hey, Dad and I think they look pretty good and I'll bet they taste just as yummy! (Plus, who knows how many batches the "experts" made before they were "photo ready!"
Ha! I got a kick out of Jenny's comment about pilgrim hats--so funny!
These could be really cute "Alice-Mad Hatter cookies", too!
Love, MOM
They tasted awesome! And I thought mine looked very cute. Just don't show people the other picture and they'll never know!
P.S. I'm very jealous that you get to stay at home during the day and bake cookies. :)
Thanks everyone! It was definitely a learning experience. I like the idea of doing them for Thanksgiving..I just may have to do it!!
HOW CUTE! I'm giving you an A for attempting!!!
Post a Comment