Wednesday, February 17, 2010

9 months!


Our little guys is 9 months old...I can't believe it. He actually turned 9 months 11 days ago, but we just had his appointment yesterday morning. Here are the stats; weight: 18 lbs 7.2 oz (14%), length: 28 inches (34%), head size: 45 cm (36%).

This was supposed to be just a normal 9 month check up, but since he has been fighting a little cold it turned into a sick visit as well. I thought he was doing a lot better, no more fever or running nose and his naps were getting better yesterday. Well it turns out I was wrong. He has two ear infections! I was shocked, he didn't show any signs of an ear infections, or at least the signs I would think of (pulling on the ears was the big one). She said that his not sleeping may be his cue so for the next time just be looking out for that.

Other than the sickness we talked about his eating patterns and his development to this point. She said everything is perfect. I asked her about weaning him at around 11 months so that by a year we would be done nursing and she said that was fine. So I was excited to hear that. The reasoning is so that I don't have to worry about nursing while I am running my mini marathon. Plus he is now only nursing 3-4 times a days so he is kind of weaning himself to eat only at meal times as it is now. I am hoping this makes the transition easier on the both of us!

I will be posting another blog soon full of pictures of what we have been up to lately. With the snow and sickness, I haven't blogged too much, but we have been taking pictures!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Poor baby! I hope he is feeling better soon!