Monday, August 17, 2009

Time Warp 2.0

Lets cut to the chase

4 weekends ago;

We went to Fort Wayne where I helped my dad transform their backyard, yet again. You know when your doing a project and you say "I hope we aren't around when that has to come out" Well today was my lucky day. The basketball goal we put in 15 some years ago was ready to come out. It seems our plan to stick extra rebar in the concrete worked. That pole wasn't going anywhere. But after a little persuasion, and a jackhammer, we knocked away enough concrete that we could at least bury the rest of it. (I just hope we still aren't around when the rest has to come out) Along with the goal came the chain link fence that was once a dog pen we put in. This will make way for a new patio area for my parents to enjoy their garden.


3 weekends ago;

Saturday morning was my company picnic at Conner Prairie. Noah was a champ and did his fair share of sleeping and looking at the trees, his favorite thing to do. Then grandpa and grandma Farny, and Aunt Catherine came down to watch the little man while we went to the Dave concert. Thankfully the rain held off for us until the end, and Sara was able to hear her favorite song, Crush. Then Sunday it was off to a 1yr birthday party, complete with an assortment of cupcakes for all. (I liked the mint ones)



2 Weekends ago;

Another trip up to the lake. However this time it rained from late Friday night until around 2 Saturday afternoon, which put a dampener on the weekend. Once the rain cleared, Sara and I went over to a friend's lake house for the afternoon while Noah stayed back with the Taylor's and successfully left a present for his uncle Jason that forced him to change his shirt, clean his foot, and hose down the deck. I heard he smiled the whole time. Then in true lake fashion; it was clear, sunny, and 93 when it was time to go home. Why can't the weather figure out our schedule and switch the days around.

This past weekend
We stayed home.
Jackie and Elijah came to visit Friday night
My parents came to stay Saturday.
We were lazy.
I trimmed a tree in the backyard.
Noah watched Tiger lose.


Now I better post this before it takes another week for me to do it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love that last picture! He's so cute!